Who is my academic advisor?

Undergraduate advising and graduate advising are provided by various offices in each academic area. Please refer to these directories to find out how to contact your advisor.

Looking for a Financial Aid Advisor?

See Financial Aid Advisors

Do I need to see an advisor?

You must meet with your academic advisor prior to registration if you fit in one of the following categories:

  • Applied Mathematics & Statistics
  • Communication Disorders
  • Freshman
  • Geosciences (Graduate only)
  • Interdisciplinary Studies
  • Mathematical Sciences (Graduate only)
  • New students
  • Non-Degree Graduates for all schools except School of Management and School of Social Science
  • Students on probation
  • Undeclared Undergraduates
  • UT PACT students

New and incoming freshman students need to attend Freshman Orientation to register for classes. Transfer students need to attend a Transfer Orientation to register for classes. International students need to contact the International Student Services office for their orientation requirements. Graduate students have the option to attend a Graduate Orientation hosted by the New Student Programs Office.

Do I need to report to my academic advising office?

You must register by reporting to your academic advising office if you fit in one of the following categories. You cannot register online.

  • Applied Cognition & Neuroscience
  • Biology (Graduate only)
  • Chemistry (Graduate only)
  • Geosciences (Undergraduate only)
  • Human Development & Communication Sciences
  • Human Development & Early Childhood Disorders
  • Physics