The University of Texas at Dallas
Master’s and PhD Candidate Information
- Before applying for graduation, you should always verify with your academic advisor that you are eligible for graduation at the end of the application term. For more information please visit Apply for Graduation.
- Successfully complete all coursework you are enrolled in at UT Dallas during your graduation term.
- Make sure you visit the The Office of Graduate Education website.
- Review your Primary Name in Orion as it will be used for all Commencement Publications and will appear on your diploma. If you need to make any changes please follow the official Name Change Procedures. Additionally, review and/or update your Home Address in Orion as this address is where your diploma will be mailed after your degree has been awarded.
- If you plan on attending the Commencement Ceremonies, please make sure you consult the Commencement page.
- Find out how and when you will receive your diploma.
- Check your Comet Card UTDollars balance and request a refund at the Comet Center.
- Contact the Career Center regarding job resources.
Friday, September 4, 2020
Graduation Application Deadline
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Deadline to Update Primary Name
which will be printed on your diploma
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Commencement RSVP Update Deadline
Commencement Guest Tickets Available Online